As fans of delicious and healthy food, we bring you this crab meat salad with lettuce – a variation of the traditional crab salad.
This is a low carb and very healthy recipe. You can prepare this for the whole family. They will love it!
- 2 cups torn curly endive
- 2 cups loosely packed watercress leaves
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups torn red leaf cabbage
- 1 lb lettuce - chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup julienne-sliced red bell pepper
- 12 ounces crabmeat, fresh or canned
- Combine the endive, watercress, spinach, lettuce, cabbage, water chestnuts, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss well.
- Add the crabmeat.
- Divide onto 4 serving plates.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 123Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 76mgSodium 338mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 4gProtein 20g
Crab meat health benefits
Crab meat is rich in some nutrients sucha as magnesium, selenium and iodine. These three nutrients help the good performance of nerve and muscle tissues. Also, it boots your immune system, delay cellular aging, strengthen skeletal system and denture.
You can find important minerals, vitamins and protains in crab meat: fatty acids, vitamins E and B3, potassium, phosphorus, and potassium.
- Thanks to B12 vitamin , It helps in the production of red blood cells.
- It is a great source of energy and natural antioxidant.
- The low fat levels contributes for weight loss.
- Improve the bone and reproductive organs formation.
- It keeps you hydrated since 70% of it is water.
- It plays an important role in the development of the thyroid gland.
Crab meat salad: Variations
There are some variations where you can find crab meat on these salad recipes:
- Crab meat salad (general)
- Salad with crab meat and cucumber.
- Hawaiian crab salad.
- Salad with crab meat and olives.
- Salad with crab meat and oranges.
Crab meat for diabetics
It avoids the abrupt increase of sugar in your blood. Crab meat is low in carbohydrates, sugar and fat. And if you are diabetic, and are always very alert to consume food with very little levels of sugar, crab meat is an excellent option to add to your menu.
Crab meat for weight loss
As we stated in the nutritional information, crab meat is low in calories and contains little fat. That’s why it is highly recommended to add it to your diet. If you are counting calories daily to check out you don’t go over your intake, crab meat gives you no excess.
Yes, crab meat has nutritional benefits. It contributes to the proper functioning of your system and help you lose weight due to the low levels of fat and carbohydrates.
Crab meat salad with lettuce is one of the variation the traditional salad have. The addition of lettuce. Another difference, naturally, is in the nutrional properties.
You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just make sure to put it in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap.
Our recipe adds lettuce to the other ingrediets such as spinach cabbage, watercress leaves, endive, water chestnuts and crabmeat.
Yes. You can use freezer trays. It takes about 6-8 hours to freeze. When you want to serve, let it out for 15 before slicing.
Yes, since it is high in protein and nutrients, crab meat is keto-friendly. So be sure to include it in your keto diet.
Yes. Crab meat is low in calories and fat. So it is good additions to your weight loss diet.
David is a writer and graduate professor. He writes for different websites. With 7+ years of experience in writing and education, David has combined his expertise in teaching with his passion for physical and mental wellness. He researches and writes to bring you valuable information about weight loss, nutrition, fitness, community, society and more.