Who doesn’t like eating chocolate? Almost all people love chocolate. And if chocolate comes with bread, it is a wonderful guilty pleasure. So, we bring you this time a keto friendly chocolate walnut bread to enjoy for breakfast.
Ideal for breakfast
Yes! it is a good choice for breakfast.
Therefore, this recipe takes a little while to cook if you decide to serve it in the morning. So you need to make it a day before, and then maintain it in a clean place.
That’s one of the pros . You won’t have to gather a lot of items for this recipe. You will just need 1 pound frozen bread dough, 4 oz semisweet chocolate (coarsely chopped), 1/2 c Walnuts (chopped), and 3 tb Honey (or 2 tablespoons)
About 1 hour cooking time
As I implied, it is better if you make this recipe one day before just in case you want to serve it for breakfast. But you can also serve it as a dessert for lunch or dinner.
Well, the cooking time is around 50-60 minutes. And an additional 10-15 minutes to cool is required before you serve.
We know that if we’re trying to lose weight, we have to stay away from chocolate and desserts. But this is recipe is perfect if you’re on a keto diet. So you are safe to go!
keto chocolate walnut bread full recipe
Now, you’re going to learn how to make a delicious keto chocolate walnut bread. Though it is an simple recipe, pay close attention to the instructions.
- 1 pound frozen bread dough
- 4 oz Semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c Walnuts; chopped
- 3 tb Honey (or 2 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw dough and let rise until twice its original size. Punch down and roll dough out to 6 x 12 inches.
- Sprinkle chocolate and nuts down the center of the dough, leaving about an inch on all sides.
- Pull long sides up towards the center and press to seal. Place dough, with seam side on the bottom, into stoneware loaf pan. Evenly spread honey over top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Cool slightly in pan. Remove from pan and cool an additional 10-15 minutes before slicing
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 404Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 54mgSodium 185mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 7g
There you have it! I know you will enjoy it!!
You can also check our other recipes.
Oh, a word of advice: though this is keto friendly, I recommend you eat just one loaf per day in case you are trying to lose weight. Keep in mind that this is a gluten meal. Also, you will take in a lot of calories if you eat more than one loaf per meal.
David is a writer and graduate professor. He writes for different websites. With 7+ years of experience in writing and education, David has combined his expertise in teaching with his passion for physical and mental wellness. He researches and writes to bring you valuable information about weight loss, nutrition, fitness, community, society and more.